Mediterranean Meno menu: Chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella, sundried tomatoes and spinach
Yum, this recipe is a guaranteed winner, it’s a truly delicious Mediterranean meal.
Protein packed and full of goodness, these juicy chicken breasts stuffed with tasty Mediterranean flavours and drizzled in an Italian dressing will impress guests and family alike.
Serve it with a light salad, it’s a supper special dish for the summer season.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 4 free range chicken breasts
- 150g sundried tomato, cut into strips
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 190C fan
- Mix together the Italian dressing ingredients – it will be thicker than a normal dressing
- Cut pockets into the chicken breasts. Heat olive oil in a heavy based frying pan over a medium high heat. Sear each side for about 1 ½ minutes and remove.
- Place the chicken breasts into a heat proof oven dish. Spoon some of the dressing into the chicken pockets and stuff with sun dried tomatoes, topped with mozzarella and spinach. Just stuff as much as you can, then stick 2 toothpicks in (on the diagonal) to seal them. Drizzle the chicken with any remaining dressing.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes then serve.