One Tray Wonder: Salmon asparagus and broccoli bake with basil dressing
Forget the line-up of pots and pans and try this simple one-tray roasted salmon with broccoli spears and asparagus. This no-messing dish is bursting with protein and healthy veg!
Salmon is rich in omega-3, which has multiple health benefits including improving heart health, and of course the asparagus and broccoli are bursting with beneficial nutrients.
The joy of this one-tray-wonder is that each ingredient seeps into the next, complementing each other and adding to the overall deliciousness.
Make sure you buy your fish from a sustainable source.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 400g organic baby new potatoes. Diced into 1.5cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 8 broccoli spears
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 16 asparagus spears]
- 4x 120g boneless salmon fillets, from sustainable sources
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lemon, cut into thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15g basil, finely chopped
- pinch chilli flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 20g basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan. Tip the potatoes and 2 tbsp of olive oil into an oven proof dish, toss to combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper and roast for 25 minutes until starting to brown. Add the onion, broccoli, tomatoes, stir in and combine, coating in the oil from the potatoes, and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Make the marinade for the salmon by mixing the oil, crushed garlic, basil, chilli flakes, salt and lemon zest into a smooth paste.
- Season the salmon fillets and add to the tray of vegetables together with the asparagus, spread the marinade over and top with a few slices of lemon. Return the tray to the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked.
- To make the basil dressing, blitz the garlic clove, basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil with a generous pinch of salt in a food processor or hand blender until smooth.
- Serve the salmon immediately with the roasted vegetables, drizzled with the basil dressing.