What to eat to help with breast pain and tenderness
- Fibre: helps to balance out oestrogen levels. Eat more: broccoli, spinach, kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage, blueberries, strawberries, mangoes and guava.
- Wholefoods and whole grains may improve hormonal levels reducing the severity of breast tenderness and swelling. Eat more: soya based foods such as edamame beans, tofu and miso. That hearty bowl of porridge could work wonders.
- Linseed: A tablespoon a day may help with cyclical breast pain. Add to cereals, salads, soups, smoothies etc.
- Essential fatty acids are great for your overall health. Eat more: avocadoes, walnuts and omega-3 fish oils found in SMASH – salmon, mackerel, anchovies, sardines and halibut.
- Vitamin E: helps regulate hormonal changes, which may reduce breast pain. Eat more: Sunflower seeds, almonds, spinach, avocados.