What to avoid to help with body odour
Right now your body may be struggling to process certain foods; stimulants may cause you to sweat more, increasing body odour:
- Caffeine: activates sweat glands and dries out the mouth leading to ‘coffee breath’.
- Alcohol: odour comes out through pores and the bacteria feeding on sweat thrive, intensifying the smell.
- Spices: can stay in your pores for days and seep out in your sweat
- Sugary foods: the bacteria causing body odour feed on sugar
- Smoking: causes body odour
- Red meat: due to the length of time it takes for the body to digest red meat, odour increases in breath, bowel movements and sweat.