Supplements worth trying for sleepless nights and insomnia
A number of herbal remedies and supplements are recommended for sleeplessness. You could try:
- Sage, for sleep-disrupting hot flushes and night sweats
- Valerian root products, widely available, claims to help beat insomnia
- Cherry Night by Viridian combines Morello cherry, a plant source of melatonin, with magnesium, a muscle relaxant.
- Magnesium and Calcium supplements taken together may reduce the number of times you wake up in the night.
- Magnesium flakes (or Epsom Salts), added to a warm bath before bed will help to relax you. Granny
While these are natural products, herbal supplements can have side effects, interact with other medications and come in different strengths. Check with your doctor if they’re safe for you.